Little Owl School
3426 Linden Avenue,
Long Beach, CA 90807
Big Owl Parent Group
Purpose of our parent group
- Involve parents in child’s learning
- Build community
- Facilitate communication
- Support parent education
- Enrich the classroom by sharing talents and traditions
- Accompany teachers on field trips. Clearance through Little Owl is mandatory.
- Support economic diversity through the Little Owl Foundation
We achieve this through
- Volunteering in the classroom
- Raising money for identified classroom, teacher, and school needs
- Hosting parent and community-building events with Little Owl School
- Parent Liason on Little Owl Foundation Board
All parents of all classrooms are welcome as members of our parent group as there is no membership or required volunteer hours or financial obligation. Our school is enriched by parental involvement in varied forms it takes. We thank you in advance for lending your time, talents, and treasures.
- Supports our Long Beach community
- Supporting and participating in local events like the Early Childhood Education Conference, Bixby Knolls Business Association
- Practice Sustainability – begins at our school and extends to our community
- Focus on issues that align with our mission and values; support organizations that are doing work in these areas
- Support Little Owl Foundation for Childhood Education
Guiding principles of fundraising
- Support and enrich the classroom experience
- Advance the school as leaders in education
- Limit product sales to items created as projects within our school (i.e. the art fair), or that are environmentally sensitive and advance the school’s philosophy
- Be sensitive to the number of times and manner in which we ask our parents and community to support our fundraising endeavors.
- May include fundraising to benefit outside philanthropic causes. (school-wide canned food drive, Red Cross blood drive)
- Build community through events (i.e., Seasonal Soiree, Steelcraft)
- Provide experiential events (i.e., Cooking Class, Working with Wool/Felting)
- Little Owl School is a private for-profit business and thus limits us to some fundraising options.
- Big Owls is a booster club of the Little Owl Foundation for Childhood Education.
Fundraising for scholarships
- We value economic diversity and support a means to allow a wide range of families access to our program
- Scholarships will consider our current enrollment (gender, age, cultural diversity)
- Scholarships are awarded through the non-profit Little Owl Foundation for Childhood Education.
Gifts and donations
- We value our entire staff and like to appreciate them.
- It is up to the discretion of Little Owl School whether or not to accept gifts and or donations. While there is hardly an instance when we do not gratefully accept gifts there are times that we choose to graciously decline them when they do not fit our mission or philosophy. If you are not sure if this may be the case, please feel free to talk to one of the administrative team members.
- All flyers and communication will need to be submitted one week prior to delivery to Michelle who will have it formatted and emailed.
- All printed material must be approved and distributed by Little Owl School.
- All Big Owl communication will happen through Little Owl School emails, web and social media sites. No outside sites may use the name Big Owl without the school’s written permission.
- The Big Owl group may use our event center free of charge for events related to Big Owls and the school.
- All events whether in-house or at an outside location must be approved by Little Owl School prior to announcing the event.
- Volunteers in the classroom are required to have a copy of their immunizations on file (TB skin test, influenza, pertussis, measles, and Covid). Please see the front desk for more information.
Little Owl School